|Date||Nov 11 - 15, 2019|
Rochester, NY, USA The Gleason Works
1000 University Ave.
Rochester, NY 14607, USA
|Class Duration||4.5 days|
|Number of Participants||3-6|
Bevel Gear Face Face Hobbing
(Phoenix Machines Only)
Techniques for the development of pinion tooth surfaces for gears cut by the face hobbing method.
Familiarity with the use of high speed steel blades with coolant or Power Dry Cutting™ with carbide blades.
▪ Terminology of cutting bevel and hypoid gears.
▪ Gear blank inspection.
▪ Theory of cutting with the face hobbing method.
▪ Loading summaries.
▪ Description and setup of the TRI-AC® and Pentac® cutter systems.
▪ Description and setup of Phoenix® gear cutting machine.
▪ Cutting of gear and pinion.
▪ Discussion of tooth contact development using proportional changes.
▪ Description of the testing techniques for face hobbing method.
▪ Testing of gear parts and development of desired tooth contact patterns.
▪ Discussion of lapping of face hobbed gears.
A certificate is issued with successful completion.