|Date||24º - 28º out. 2022|
Rochester, NY, USA The Gleason Works
1000 University Ave.
Rochester, NY 14607, USA
|Processo||5-Axis Gear Machining, Bevel Cutting, Bevel Grinding, Bevel Curvic Coupling Grinding, Bevel Lapping, Bevel Roll Testing, Bevel Quenching, Bevel Blade Grinding, Bevel Blade Inspection, Bevel Cutter Build|
|Class Duration||4.5 days|
|Number of Participants||3-8|
Gear Process Theory Cylindrical and Bevel Gears
Familiarization with spur, helical, bevel and hypoid gear nomenclature. The use of various cutting methods in Gleason machines. Tooling and processes used in gear manufacturing.
Technical discussions covering nomenclature
▪ Various types and classifications of gears and their meshing characteristics.
▪ Cutting methods used to produce bevel and hypoid gears and pinions.
▪ Blank tolerances and configurations required to produce quality gear sets in Gleason machines.
▪ Basic concept of inspection and testing of spur, helical, bevel and hypoid gears.
▪ Description of various types of Gleason face mill, face hob, REVACYCLE® and straight bevel gear cutters.
▪ Terminology identification, assembly, truing and mounting of face mill and face hob cutters.
Workholding Equipment and Arbor Maintenance
Discussions on applications and maintenance of TANLINE®, X-PANDISK®, VERS-GRIP® and UNI-SPAND® equipment.
Fundamentals of Heat Treatment
Basic metallurgical discussion concerning terminology of heat treatment, volumetric changes and residual stresses in heat treated gears with possible causes and corrective actions.
A certificate is issued with successful completion.
The selection in your shopping cart will not trigger an order, but starts a request for quotation. The Gleason Academy team will contact you with further details and discuss options.